CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Dry mouth with CPAP

Talk about all aspects of snoring. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques .. in fact, anything snoring related
Francel Chaps
Private Snorer

Dry mouth with CPAP

Post by Francel Chaps » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:54 pm

I got used to my Philips CPAP machine and mask very quickly and no longer feel so tired. Unfortunately it gave me a very dry mouth and throat and sometimes I'd wake up with a croaky voice. I started using a humidifier and still felt dryness, although less so on settings 4 and 5. I am now woken up by condensation drips on my nose, in spite of having a fleecy wrap on the hose and a hose lift. I am now considering paying out for a heated hose. My hospital doesn't supply them. Does anyone have any experience of using a heated hose? How successful is it in stopping the condensation.

General Snorer

Re: Dry mouth with CPAP

Post by Alsacienne » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:08 am

WELCOME! I am delighted to hear that you have adapted so well to CPAP therapy and long may it continue. Unfortunately I only have a 'bog standard' unheated hose so can't answer your question but hope someone else will reply soon.

General Snorer

Post by Sleep2Snore » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:20 pm

Nuneatonman37 would be the man to ask.
I am lead to believe they are very good.
The fleecy wraps only work to a point, but if your room is cold or a bit to cool you will still get condensation.
S2S - Sleep2Snore

Private Snorer

Post by Babsbulldog » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:09 pm

I changed from a standard hose to a heated one and found it much better, no more condensation drips and a nice warm nose! I also bought Xylimelts to help keep my mouth moist during the night and still use them now, even though my OSA has gone. The website I buy them from is called Mouth Ulcers Shop you will find it on google.