CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Strange noises and arm movements

Talk about all aspects of snoring. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques .. in fact, anything snoring related
Banjo Ryan
Private Snorer

Strange noises and arm movements

Post by Banjo Ryan » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi,

I hope somebody can help. In the last 6 months I've been I've been sleeping with my left arm elevated with my elbow sticking out and my hand pointed towards either my chest, neck or head. This can happen up to a few times a week, and my partner wakes up with my elbow in her back causing her pain.

Along with this, I make a strange noise which my partner refers to as a goblin noise. We're not entirely sure if it's snoring or not, as it's so strange, it's more like a inhaling clicking / breathing by the way she describes it.

I don't notice a particular pattern with my sleep that causes it, but it can be worse at times, and then not happen for a period.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ryan

MARIA

Re: Strange noises and arm movements

Post by MARIA » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:32 pm

Ryan
Is this perhaps a bad dream you're having that makes you act this way? Maybe contact a sleep clinic to get monitered

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: Strange noises and arm movements

Post by Sleep2Snore » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Better still, record the noise for yourself by using http://www.ralphsapps.com/snoreclock and see if you are offering to stop breathing.
If you think you are you can buy an oximeter to check on your oxygen levels, (around £20 + p&p) if they drop to 90% or below seek the help of your doctor.
There is a slim chance it may be the start of Sleep Apnoea. As for your limbs moving, it is usually the legs that will not stay still.
However, I am NOT a doctor, it may well be worth the trip to see one, take your partner with you to explain what is going on. It might be worth recording yourself first to see what happens.
S2S - Sleep2Snore