CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Tomed SomnoGuard Queries

Talk about all aspects of snoring. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques .. in fact, anything snoring related
Susanlena
Private Snorer

Tomed SomnoGuard Queries

Post by Susanlena » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:21 am

Is this Tomed SomnoGuard any good?
I joined today and did the questionnaire. It suggested I lose a few pounds and buy this.

I would appreciate any comments from you as a bit expensive if no good.

My poor partner is having sleepless nights and I am too with my snoring :(

Re: Tomed SomnoGuard Queries

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Hi,

I ordered a similar looking device from IdealWorld about 6 months ago and I've got mixed feelings about it.

On the one hand it does seem to do a reasonable job but I do wake up with jaw and toothache the morning after. Also I do find that for whatever reason there are sometimes that I can't wear it and fall asleep

I hope this helps

Kind regards Mark

HughB

Re: Tomed SomnoGuard Queries

Post by HughB » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:05 pm

I took the questionnaire a couple of years ago and was recommended the Tomed Somnoguard, and so ordered.

I had real difficulty fitting it. You only get two attempts. Both my attempts failed, so I had to throw it away. The instructions recommended it being fitted professionally, but that is not explained on the website.

However, I still have problem with my snoring, and therefore will probably try again, but will try to talk to British Snoring first to get advice.