CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Advice please

Talk about all aspects of snoring. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques .. in fact, anything snoring related
Bex

Advice please

Post by Bex » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:24 pm

Hi,

I need some advice about what products are most likely to help with my snoring.

I think the main reason I snore is my weight - although my mother snores and has sleep apnoea and is very slim so there could be some genetics in there too. Also I did snore when I was not so overweight so perhaps the weight just builds on an existing reason.
I have fairly large tonsils and a history of tonsillitis.
Additionally I have this thing where I have to sleep on the edge of my pillow. You see, when I'm in bed I seem to always have one nostril blocked and one open. I use the edge of the pillow to stretch the open nostril wider to get more air in. However before long the 'blockage' switches nostrils and I have to turn over and do the same on the other side.
I definitely snore on my back but will often snore on my side too (usually while snuggling up close to my husbands ear!)
I dribble a lot in my sleep.

So, I'm working on the weight issue and hopefully that will at least reduce things a bit, but in a month or so I'm going away and will be sharing a room for a couple of nights. Do you have any tips on which device would be the best to cut the snoring down? I will be supplying earplugs to the people I'm staying with but would like to try and quiet the snoring too.

Any advice gratefully recieved :)

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: Advice please

Post by Sleep2Snore » Tue May 03, 2016 11:12 pm

You could try one of these, if you can get hold of one.
They are not easy to get, not the best looking sight and not cheap.
I have heard they work quite well, but I think I would bite my tongue.
But that is me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G8ZMGJb6tg
S2S - Sleep2Snore