CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

nightlase treatment

Talk about all aspects of snoring. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques .. in fact, anything snoring related
kymbo
Private Snorer

nightlase treatment

Post by kymbo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:26 pm

A question for anyone who has had the nightlase treatment. So far I have had 2 nightlase treatments with no noticeable effect. My snorelab score is still the same around 90% .
I am still booked in for my third treatment in 3 weeks but I'm wondering if its going to be worth it. Anyone who has had this treatment did you notice a difference after 2 treatments ? Should i hang in there and spend another $500 on the third treatment ? Or is this just not going to work for me ?
I have tried just about most gizmos and gadgets out there and if this doesn't work maybe I have to look at other surgery.

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: nightlase treatment

Post by Sleep2Snore » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:31 pm

I think this is the Laser Treatment.
Hove you noticed any improvement yet, you should have seen a bit of improvement by now?
I will post a video of a doctor talking about this, but his figures are, or should I say have artistic licence!
He does say (I think this is the most honest statement he made in the whole video) that CPAP/APAP is the gold standard treatment. He does mention MAD devices, if you read between the lines of what he is saying, he says that you will need further treatments as the soft tissue that causes the problem grows back.
It is really up to you, he says three treatments, but if you have not had an improvement, I would look at an APAP machine instead. Not quite so handy, but some of the new machines are very quiet.
I would weigh up your options carefully, if you have not seen a big improvement, I would be reluctant to throw money away, especially as the soft tissue will grow back anyway.

Do you have Sleep Apnea/Apnoea or are you just a bad snorer?
S2S - Sleep2Snore

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Post by Sleep2Snore » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:35 pm

I forgot the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pzXN22zx-k

He is not the best con-man :lol:
S2S - Sleep2Snore

kymbo
Private Snorer

Post by kymbo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:14 pm

Thanks for the video and reply,

No i don t have sleep apnea, But I do snore very badly every night. Its in the epic category according to my snorelab app and my wife.
even if I saw some improvement from the nightlase treatment I would go ahead and I wouldn't even mind going back every 1 or 2 years for a top up if it actually worked.
They did say to me I would see some improvement after 2 treatments but it could take 3 months to see the full effects. In the video he says 80% success rate , maybe I'm the 20% where it doesn't work.?

Anyone else had this treatment ? what was your experience ?