CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

snoring immediately as I fall asleep

Talk about all aspects of snoring. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques .. in fact, anything snoring related
antonio
Private Snorer

snoring immediately as I fall asleep

Post by antonio » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:33 am

hello there, I never thought I snored, but in the past few weeks it happened that a few times, immediately as I was falling asleep I made a snoring sound which woke me up again. Now, this only happened when I was sleeping on my back, which I barely do, I normally sleep on my stomach or on my side (which I now read being the best positions for snorers). However in the past few days my nose has been a bit stuffy and this now happens every single time I try to sleep, it now also became a psychological thing: when I try to sleep I become anxious because I know I will wake right back up the moment I fall asleep, I am really praying that this is cause by my stuffy nose and once that goes away it will go back to normal, but I did have colds or stuffy nose in the past even much worse than now and never had this problem, I'm a bit worried as I have been totally sleep deprived for the past 3 days. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem about snoring immediately as the fall asleep and waking up again?

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: snoring immediately as I fall asleep

Post by Sleep2Snore » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:28 pm

Hi Antonio,
Welcome to the forum.
A very long time ago I used to notice when I fell asleep I would do this.
I think in your case it is anxiety that is making a mountain out of a molehill.
What make these things worse is often (though we never want to admit it) is getting a bit older and also putting on a slight bit of weight, especially around the neck area.
Get some of the stuff they use to put on children's pillows to free up your airways till things pass.
Even good old Vick Vapour Rub below the nose will help keep the airways clear, in fact that might work best for you.
If thing do not improve after you feel better, then you might have to look into it further.
S2S - Sleep2Snore

antonio
Private Snorer

Post by antonio » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:10 am

than you very much for your answer! yes you are right it's probably mostly anxiety and I am now practicing some relaxation techniques :) yes if this doesn't go away I will definitely look into it further as otherwise I will never sleep again lol. Hopefully it's already getting better, thank you again

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Post by Sleep2Snore » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:18 pm

If you start feeling tired or fatigued during the day, go see your doctor because if it is the start of something else, the quicker you act the better.
S2S - Sleep2Snore