CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

SomnoGuard 3 advice please

Talk about all aspects of snoring. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques .. in fact, anything snoring related
ngoclinh23
Private Snorer

SomnoGuard 3 advice please

Post by ngoclinh23 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:41 am

Hi Everyone

I think the SomnoGuard 3 is helping. I use the snore app and I can see a difference but it does not eliminate my snoring completely. I have found however that the guard loosens after a couple of weeks and then I have to remould it. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm a bit wary of keep remoulding it as I expect it might become brittle.

I'm really interested to hear people's experience of using this mouth guard. I use it in conjunction with Rhynil. (II also have a snore ring, which I am sure is a bit of a placebo for me).

Do others have to remould the guard and if so how often? Is there a way of getting it professionally fitted to make it more effective? I did ask my dentist but she didn't know anything about it.
I feel like technically this should be capable of stopping my snoring completely, as I find it almost impossible to snore when its in and I try it awake. The only thing I can think is that it needs to be tighter?

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Linh

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: SomnoGuard 3 advice please

Post by Sleep2Snore » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:46 pm

The only way to get these things a fighting chance is to et a NAD device made to fit you.
However, it is not a guarantee that it will stop snoring anyway as there are a few factors come into snoring.
Whether you have just a bit of snoring or a bit of Sleep Apnoea in with it, they tend only to help light snorers or someone with Mild Sleep Apnoea. I have not used one, but I do believe they can be a bit painful at the start and need regular adjusting, especially at the start of using these devices.
That is probably why you find it fine when you start off, but it loosens after a while.
The ones you are using are heated up in water, then moulded to your teeth.
The proper MAD devices are made with an adjusting screw in them so they can be adjusted.
The type you are using will always need reshaped.,
S2S - Sleep2Snore

DucatiDave
Private Snorer

Re: SomnoGuard 3 advice please

Post by DucatiDave » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:10 am

My snoring would wake the dead.

I tried every snoreguard on the market before giving in and shelling out for a custom-made metal Somnowell device. That was five years ago and it was the best money I have ever spent. Most nights it eliminates my snoring completely but occasionally I snore lightly because I am sleeping on my back with my mouth open. Even then, :lol: my wife tells me that it barely disturbs her as she always wears earplugs to ensure nothing wakes her.

So my advice is: don't bother with cheap guards. They all work for a time then, as you've found, they need remoulding. My experience is that they are not worth the effort.
ngoclinh23 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:41 am
Hi Everyone

I think the SomnoGuard 3 is helping. I use the snore app and I can see a difference but it does not eliminate my snoring completely. I have found however that the guard loosens after a couple of weeks and then I have to remould it. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm a bit wary of keep remoulding it as I expect it might become brittle.

I'm really interested to hear people's experience of using this mouth guard. I use it in conjunction with Rhynil. (II also have a snore ring, which I am sure is a bit of a placebo for me).

Do others have to remould the guard and if so how often? Is there a way of getting it professionally fitted to make it more effective? I did ask my dentist but she didn't know anything about it.
I feel like technically this should be capable of stopping my snoring completely, as I find it almost impossible to snore when its in and I try it awake. The only thing I can think is that it needs to be tighter?

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Linh