CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Cleaning Somnowell device

Talk about all aspects of snoring. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques .. in fact, anything snoring related
DucatiDave
Private Snorer

Cleaning Somnowell device

Post by DucatiDave » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:21 am

I love my Somnowell MAD – or Hanibal Lechter as my wife calls it – but I am not prepared to spend the £70 the company charges for the only fluid it recommends for cleaning it.

I have a small amoung of plaque building up on it that I would like to clean off. I called Somnowell to ask advice and was told that I should use only water, toothpaste or its own cleaning fluid as anything else might damage my device.

I'm sure I once read somewhere that Chordosyl mouthwash works well and I am tempted to try it as I cannot believe that something designed to be used in the human mouth could possibly damage a metal brace. But can anyone confirm that it is safe to use?

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: Cleaning Somnowell device

Post by Sleep2Snore » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:41 pm

No, but if it can stand the acid in your mouth it should be able to stand most things.
I would just use a tooth brush and soapy water and rinse well.
I have heard of people using denture tablets, but I don't know how that would work with any metal.
My dentist always says "Anything that goes into the mouth, clean it with soapy water that you would clean dishes".
S2S - Sleep2Snore