CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Help figuring out what I need

Talk about all aspects of snoring. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques .. in fact, anything snoring related

Help figuring out what I need

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:43 pm

Hi folks,

This is my first time posting on here, I am 26 years old and have been snoring for as long as I can remember (I.e the first girl friend I had) I have been to a ear nose and throat doctor about it who gave me and operation to open my nasile cavities which has significantly improved my breathing but I still snore (very very loudly)

I have tried a number of aids, one which held my tongue forward, another that help my jaw forward, the one that held my jaw forward yielded the best results according to my partner but was very uncomfortable even after months of use,

I feel like the snoring is happening at the point where your nose joins the troat and some sort of skin is vibrating in that area,

I'm not sure how much use this description is but any input or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: Help figuring out what I need

Post by Sleep2Snore » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:43 pm

You can get an operation for this, but it is very painful and has limited success in that the skin grows back after a while. Maybe the MAD device was just a bit to tight causing you the pain, try loosening it off a bit and see what happens (if it is a dentist fitted one) it should adjust.
There was an electrical collar thing that showed a bit of promise, but I have not heard anything of it for a while.
S2S - Sleep2Snore

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:02 pm

I see, at the very least it is an option, as someone with more knowledge than me do you feel an "MAD" is the best option as far as products go?

Thank you for your time I really appreciate it.

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Post by Sleep2Snore » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:15 pm

I have never used one and I don't know if I would want to fork out that kind of money.
All I can say is that it works for some but not for others.
Get it fitted by a dentist, but talk to your doctor first.
S2S - Sleep2Snore