Find the type of snorer you are.
CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

WANTED: Resmed S8 DC-12 Converter (33942)

A place to advertise your unwanted CPAP machines, masks, parts & accessories
Evie
Private Snorer

WANTED: Resmed S8 DC-12 Converter (33942)

Post by Evie » Thu May 18, 2017 9:26 pm

Resmed no longer supply this converter for the S8 .... so I am unable to go off grid with my machine unless someone has one they do not need.

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: WANTED: Resmed S8 DC-12 Converter (33942)

Post by Sleep2Snore » Sat May 20, 2017 8:28 pm

This site does appear to have some though I can't check that.

https://www.britishsnoring.co.uk/shop/c ... verter.php

Also you may want to read this: http://www.resmed.com/assets/documents/ ... lo_eng.pdf

As far as I can see it make sure you do not connect the battery terminals the wrong way round and it changes the centre oin to Negative.
It also cuts off the battery if it reaches 30% of it full charge. So as far as I can see, as long as you were on 12vdc and made sure you connect the correct way round you should be ok. But it is so easy to get it wrong if you are not careful. It also lets you use it with a 24vdc battery, but read the above. I read on another forum that someone connected it direct to a car battery with no problems, but the terminals are not the way round that you think? So you would need a correct plug for the machine and a polarity checker to make sure the Negative power is on the centre pin. However, I do not have one of those machines to try it.

You can't use your Humidifier with these things anyway as they are only mains voltage.

However, having said everything above, it is far safer if you use the converter as it is safer, it does provide protection, not only to the machine, but also the battery.
S2S - Sleep2Snore

Evie
Private Snorer

Post by Evie » Sun May 21, 2017 11:54 am

Thank you for your reply.
I have tried British Snoring Assn but unfortunately they don't have them anymore. I will try to find a cable with negative centre pin and also a second hand S8 auto spirit so all is not lost if it blows up!! However, I'll also still continue looking for a Resmed converter.
Thanks for your help.
Evie

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Post by Sleep2Snore » Mon May 22, 2017 8:49 pm

Positive is normally in the centre pin, so if you swap one round or if using crocodile clips to a battery, just make sure Negative is going to the centre pin. I don't know if they use a special sized pin for the machine or not, but you can get most sizes from Maplin if you were to get someone to make a lead up. Only thing is it will not protect your battery from being drained below the recommended level, nor will it let you connect to 24vdc and will not protect you against connecting it round the wrong way.
Keep your eyes on Ebay.
S2S - Sleep2Snore