CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Sleep apnea results question

Talk about all aspects of sleep apnoea. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques ..

Sleep apnea results question

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:14 am

Hi all.was wondering if someone can help me please.I did a home sleep apnea test.took machine back 2 weeks ago.was told I would hear results in 2-4 weeks.all through Cornwall hospital nhs.rang today.the person who reads the test has took annual leave and won't be back until April 26th but he read my test and said he wants to see me.his receptionist won't tell me if i have apnea.really don't want to wait that long for a answer.is there anything I can do?would I be allowed a copy of it?so can take it somewhere else and get help?see the last 3 days my throat keeps getting sore and swelling from snoring.and really don't want this for another few months.any help be appreciated.many thanks

Solly
Corporal Snorer

Re: Sleep apnea results question

Post by Solly » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:49 pm

Sounds like pretty poor service from the NHS, only to be expected I guess.

I was given my test results in the form of a graph which I have now, this was given to me by the person who was "supposed" to be treating me.
You will probably come up against a brick wall, but you could try a formal complaint to the hospital, one person going on holiday and things grind to a halt is not good.

Best of luck

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Post by Sleep2Snore » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:44 pm

That is a very poor set up!
I would complain to the hospital and ask them if there is anywhere else you can be seen urgently as the situation appears to be getting worse and the last thing you want is for things to be held up for yet another month. Put your address and contact number on the complaint so as someone can get straight back to you.
Only one person dealing with it, sounds a bit strange. :shock:
S2S - Sleep2Snore

Nuneatonman37
Captain Snorer

Post by Nuneatonman37 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:22 pm

Back in 2007 I waited 14 weeks for the result of my overnight polysomnography to come back they got sent to South Africa to be read so your wait is nothing really and I was tested by the NHS.
I should think that if your case was so severe they would have got you in to be seen before the person went off .
It might be that your test was not conclusive and maybe they need to retest you ???

Perhaps a call to the sleep clinic expressing your concerns may put your mind at ease till they come back from there leave .

Regards,