CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

What will happen next?

Talk about all aspects of sleep apnoea. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques ..
plod
Private Snorer

What will happen next?

Post by plod » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:50 am

I have been diagnosed with OSA and have a machine I use regularly. I am fairly sure that my sister-in-law has OSA; she has had a home test - I guess it is the oximeter, a gadget on her thumb. She returned to the hospital and my wife went with her. They returned with a date to go in for a night. They think it is to be fitted with a CPAP machine which she will bring home the next day. As I am experienced with this we will stay with her for those difficult first few days. I think she is going to be wired up to see if she needs a CPAP machine.

I had a similar test, but it was in France and they gave me a machine immediately. Any views on what may/will happen when she goes in?

Nuneatonman37
Captain Snorer

Re: What will happen next?

Post by Nuneatonman37 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:53 pm

Hi Plod,

It maybe that there giving her a full overnight study -polysomnography test (psg)
If it is that then it’s the best test you can have for osa.
Perhaps call the hospital and ask for the details .

Regards,

plod
Private Snorer

Re: What will happen next?

Post by plod » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:57 pm

Thanks for that; she is having a PSG test; the reason I posted was that we will stay with her after she has the machine to help her get used to it. Im not sure that she will get her machine straightaway. Not really appropriate for me to speak to the clinic, and my wife is adamant about what will happen. Time will tell!