CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

The American Sleep Apnea Association

Talk about all aspects of sleep apnoea. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques ..
Swindonian
Lieutenant Snorer

The American Sleep Apnea Association

Post by Swindonian » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:03 pm

Hi everybody, I thought you might be interested in how the Americans handle Sleep Apnoea. I have been a member of The American Sleep Apnea Association for many years since I used to live there. They had an event which was live and streamed on 8 June at 15:00. It was called "AWAKE Sleep Apnea LIVE" the session lasted for two hours with lots of audience participation. I caught some of it at the time but it is now uploaded to their Facebook site ASAA AWAKE LIVE Obviously, the Americans are usually different to the British in most things and this applies to Apnoea or Apnea as they say but I put it out there just in case it might help somebody. I have actually downloaded it using Realplayer but it is almost 250mb. The caption say morning session so I do not know yet if there is a further session to come.

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: The American Sleep Apnea Association

Post by Sleep2Snore » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:13 pm

Shame I missed that, however, if I remember I will try to catch it next year.
S2S - Sleep2Snore

Swindonian
Lieutenant Snorer

Post by Swindonian » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:01 pm

The A.S.A.A. have now uploaded all sessions to YouTube A.S.A.A. Webinar. It is very long at 6 hours 11 minutes but download it and dip in whenever you can, it is both interesting and informative. Unfortunately downloaded videos are not like catch up tv which stops at the point you stop watching so you need to make a note of elapsed time and seek it next time.

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Post by Sleep2Snore » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:56 am

Watch it on YouTube and if you are logged in it will pick up where you left off.
S2S - Sleep2Snore