CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

My story from mothguard to CPAP and options

Talk about all aspects of sleep apnoea. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques ..

My story from mothguard to CPAP and options

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi everyone!

So I'm a 31 year old male in top condition with a very active lifestyle.

I got diagnosed with sleep apnea about 8 years ago. I got moderate sleep apnea with about 40 stops/hour when sleeping on my back and around 10 when sleeping on the side.

I got a mouthguard at first witch helped (the one that elevates your under jaw forward) had it for about 5-6 years. Unfortunately it gave me a permanent underbite. The underbite is not that bad and it doesn't show. But to be safe and not risk giving me more of a underbite they gave me the CPAP.

I have been using the CPAP for about 3 years no and I have an immense love/hate relationship with it. It obviously helping me a lot witch I love but its such a hassle and I hate how unpracticle it is and how imberessed I am to put it out when I have company over or even a new relationship. I travel a lot and it just doesn't fit with my life style at all.

So I know I would be perfectly good with a moth guard so its annoying that I can't take too that solution.

So I guess what I'm asking is, are they other types of mouth guards that might work? Is there exercises you can do to make your apnea better? Does the operation work?

To summarize what options is there for me to try?

Thank you!!