CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Jala Neti

Talk about all aspects of sleep apnoea. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques ..
Ken

Re: Jala Neti

Post by Ken » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:20 pm

Cheers Nm.........I'm surprised I didn't see this yesterday...Wednesday was early morning.......I do look at the site most days, but not being a CPAP user, I don't really qualify in entering a lot of discussions!
Just had a thought :D I practice the jala neti often just before I go to bed and sometimes get a spoonful of saline which has been trapped, as it were coming out onto my pillow....maybe the doctors would class me as a bed-wetter Ho Ho :D :D :D ...I would still heartily recommend the practice to CPAP users, but would advise to putting your head on the pillow, left and right before putting on a nasal mask...having your nose really clear is fantastic 8)

Alsacienne
General Snorer

Post by Alsacienne » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:22 am

CPAP user or not Ken, I consider you to be a valuable member of the team!

Ken

Post by Ken » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:30 pm

Cheers Alsa, or Merci mille fois !! :D :D Ken

Alsacienne
General Snorer

Post by Alsacienne » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: xxx Mercy Bucket!!

dan
Site Admin

Post by dan » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:55 am

Greetings,

Anyone interested in nasal irrigation, neti pots, salt pipes and salts can now find more information and purchase appropriate products from :

http://www.interneti.co.uk/
Dan Kew
British Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Association

01737 245638
www.britishsnoring.co.uk
Image Image Image

Ken

Post by Ken » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:58 pm

Mac
I can only tell you that the one I use at home, every day is a stainless steel one
https://www.shopholistic.co.uk/viewprod_HYG001NP.php
I also have two of those cheap plastic ones for travelling abroad. I buy seasalt at a local health shop and use half a heaped teaspoon in every session.
I am sure the ones on todays link will be perfectly o.k.
All the best with it, it's dead easy once you have done it a couple of times Cheers Ken

Ken

Post by Ken » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:18 am

Cheers, I'll put it with the nine million dollars, that some scammer keeps telling me that I inherited from someone I have never heard of :lol: :lol:

pkd1uk
Sergeant Snorer

Post by pkd1uk » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi, meatcruncher,

Try kneeling at the sink when you Jala Neti, rather than standing up to do it.

That way you can keep your back straight and the crud from your nose always goes into the sink, not everywhere else!

All the best,

pkd1uk

Knackersyard

Post by Knackersyard » Tue May 17, 2011 12:23 pm

Anybody here tried one of these? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001CWT4JI

Do they really work better than a Neti Pot?

Thanks

snowe

Post by snowe » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:28 am

Thanks for the info and the links hopeful this would help people like me, Thanks for sharing.

PatsyFagan

Post by PatsyFagan » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:44 pm

I note that no-one has posted on this thread for some time and Knackersyard didn't get a response.

I too was thinking of getting a Sinupulse Elite as I think I would benefit from a regular sinus washout as I seem to permanently have a thick clogging feeling at the back of my nose/throat.

The blurb that comes with the Sinupulse seems to indicate that the Jala Neti barely does the job. merely washing over the surface (so to speak) while their system is far superior ....

Any comments?

Vince Green
Major Snorer

Post by Vince Green » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Patsy, I am researching sinus washouts myself. I should be in a position to offer some feedback in about a week but only on a plastic pot I have ordered for about £3.80. I figured that was a good way of getting to try washing out my sinuses to see what I thought about it without breaking the bank.

I have had sinus problems since I was in my 20s. I am a bit annoyed really that over all those years the only treatment thats ever been given has been antibiotics.

Now through the wonders of the internet I find out antibiotics only give temporary relief if the blockages remain.

I am considering buying a machine but one step at a time

Vince Green
Major Snorer

Post by Vince Green » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:35 pm

Right, three day update. Its all very easy but while the process gives a very nice feeling of clearness initially it doesn't last all day. I don't know if this is because it takes time to clear up any lurking infections (?) I could make a comparison with gargling with salt water.

Nothing much has come out, some of the write ups say you will be amazed when you start just how much debris comes out but I can't say I have noticed that yet.

Still battling on.

PatsyFagan

Post by PatsyFagan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:10 pm

Ah, thanks for being a guinea pig Vince :lol:

I think I have what is called perennial rhinitis - that is a permanent runny nose. I am never far from a box of tissues.

Most days I can make some pretty revolting noises as I try to clear my nose/throat - there seems plenty to clear away, but it never goes away, hence I thought 'washing' it all away would be a good idea ......

Vince Green
Major Snorer

Post by Vince Green » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:41 pm

PatsyFagan wrote:Ah, thanks for being a guinea pig Vince :lol:

I think I have what is called perennial rhinitis - that is a permanent runny nose. I am never far from a box of tissues.

Most days I can make some pretty revolting noises as I try to clear my nose/throat - there seems plenty to clear away, but it never goes away, hence I thought 'washing' it all away would be a good idea ......
I think my motivation is to try and attack the causes rather than the symptoms. My mother always used to get us to gargle with salt water when we had a sore throat and that worked so I am hoping to transfer that logic to the inside of my sinuses.

I think that today (day 3) the feel good effect lasted longer than it did on day 1, so maybe it is working away slowly on the inside. I hope so.