Find the type of snorer you are.
CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Can not find mask that fits - please help!

Share your experiences with CPAP, request help, find out the latest developments ....
Pat Simpson
Private Snorer

Can not find mask that fits - please help!

Post by Pat Simpson » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:47 pm

I started my bipap journey about 4 weeks ago and so far have used the simplus (too uncomfortable around the bridge if nose), mirage liberty (too leaky around the nose), resmed F20 (too uncomfortable on bridge of nose), amara view (does not seal on nose), fit life (too wide and leaky around the edges), Quattro (too uncomfortable) and now the oracle (goes in my mouth and straight out the nose even with the nasal plugs), I can't use the sleep weaver as I use a high pressure (18 on the inhale). The most comfortable so far is the F20, but even that has now made me bleed

The problem is I have a very thin face and wide bridge of my nose and NOTHING seems to fit. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated. I used to look forward to going to bed and getting some sleep, now I dread it.

I should probably also mention I am a mouth breather while asleep, but a nose breather while awake

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: Can not find mask that fits - please help!

Post by Sleep2Snore » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:52 pm

Hi Pat,
I knew you were a mouth breather by the masks you have tried.
You need to read the post I made in this subject, it almost all applies to you as well.
viewtopic.php?f=4&p=68314#p68314
Just click the link above.
I don't think you will get these from a Sleep Clinic, though you could ask.
Let us know how you get on.
There is a cloth mask that I don't think you have tried, but I don't think the Sleep Clinic will supply you with one, though saying that one did supply someone that was on here with one, however, they have mixed reviews.
Circadiance SleepWeaver Anew Cloth Full Face Mask for CPAP Bilevel Treatment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWPtpuCrFow

You can look through all his videos for ideas and reviews on his Home Page on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLankyLefty27/videos

Hope that is of help?
S2S - Sleep2Snore

Vince Green
Major Snorer

Post by Vince Green » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:03 am

The Resmed Mirage Quattro full face mask is still the world wide benchmark for user satisfaction ratings and it is much more adjustable than most.
The trouble is that it is "big" and old fashioned looking, that tends to put people off initially but that is actually its greatest asset once you get used to it.

The technicians always want to hand out light weight masks in the belief that newcomers will accept them more readily. Lightweight masks are more flimsy and that has big implications for being capable of securing them firmly on the face and leaks.

The Mirage Quattro fixes to the forehead as well so doesn't move up and down in the night when you turn over, cough, yawn or what ever.

Technicians for the most part, in my opinion, don't have personal experience. You hear stories of people starting out being given very radical light weight masks that may be OK for a more experienced user. When they come back with problems they are given something even more radical

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Post by Sleep2Snore » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:28 pm

if a Full-faced mask doesn't work you could always try a https://www.resmed.com/uk/en/consumer/p ... berty.html
There are other makes.
S2S - Sleep2Snore