CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Neck and Shoulder pain when using CPAP

Share your experiences with CPAP, request help, find out the latest developments ....

Neck and Shoulder pain when using CPAP

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:48 pm

Hi, I was diagnosed with sleep apnoea 2 years ago and have been using a CPAP machine since then. My problem is that I wake up with a stiff neck and the pain gets worse each night. I've been going for a massage or to a physiotherapist regularly to get my neck and shoulders released. I have bought 2 different sleep apnoea pillows plus tried other pillows and the problem continues. I've been forcing myself to sleep on my back in the last week but now get pain at the back of my head instead of the sides. The only way to stop it is not to use the CPAP but then I'm tired. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone explain why this happens? Many thanks.

Re: Neck and Shoulder pain when using CPAP

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:43 am

Tension? You are so aware of the CPAP/mask that you are not relaxing, particularly in your shoulders/neck. Chill out go with flow, accept the machine will do its work and enjoy a good sleep.

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: Neck and Shoulder pain when using CPAP

Post by Sleep2Snore » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:46 pm

I have not known anyone suffer from neck pain through using CPAP.
What has changed to cause this pain that you didn't do before?
Did you change your sleeping position when you started CPAP, i.e. higher sleeping position, or anything?
S2S - Sleep2Snore