CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

ResMed AirSense 10 for Her

Share your experiences with CPAP, request help, find out the latest developments ....

ResMed AirSense 10 for Her

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:52 am

I was wondering if anyone here has used the ResMed AirSense 10 for Her and used a different model. Did your sleep improve with the Airsense for Her vs. the other model? I hear both men and women use this model even though it's geared toward women.

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: ResMed AirSense 10 for Her

Post by Sleep2Snore » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:33 am

There are a few, mainly in the States where they have to contribute towards the cost, or other countries where they have to do the same or buy their own. It only has an extra bit of software and a bit of designer look and the screen is a pink/purple colour. I doubt very much if the extra cost is even worth it. It is only a bit gentler for 3/4 of it range then it does the same as the normal machine, so if you need more than 14 -15 in pressure, you might just be throwing your money away.
The quicker a machine responds to you having an event the better, so unless you like the designer look you might be better off with the normal APAP ResMed Airsense10autoset.
I don't think there is any real advantage in having the For Her version unless you are a woman, even then I have my doubts if there is any advantage to it.
S2S - Sleep2Snore

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi
I - a woman - would like to share my experience with AirSense10 for Her. Before I was changed by my provider to the AirSense10 for Her APAP one year ago, I was using a Respironics 60 APAP for about 3 years. Using the Respironics, I now and then woke up because my stomach was painful and filled with air, a very unpleasant sensation. I can say, that I never experienced that again, after I was changed to the AirSense10 for Her, which I am really happy about. I'm not sure what exactely is the difference between the two devices, but to me it seems as if the AirSense10 for Her would react more sensitively and implement pressure changes more smoothly.

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Post by Sleep2Snore » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:07 pm

It does, it is a little more gentle, but slower in adjusting the pressure, but not that much slower.
Either the ResMed Airsense10 Autoset or the For Her model will do just as well, but the For Her version has an algorithm more suited (supposedly) for women, though after it reaches a certain pressure it acts just like to normal Autoset. These are very good machines and very quiet.
Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.
S2S - Sleep2Snore