CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Sore nose

Share your experiences with CPAP, request help, find out the latest developments ....
LouiseMac78
Private Snorer

Sore nose

Post by LouiseMac78 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:56 pm

Hi,
New tonhere and hoping someone can help. I have been using a full face mask for a couple of years now and often have sore nasal passages. They become very raw. I have seen the GP and they gave me a course of an antibiotic cream but it didn’t really help. I was wondering if anybody had found a good solution, maybe a good barrier cream to use?
Thanks!

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: Sore nose

Post by Sleep2Snore » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:04 pm

That might be a difficult one, do not use a petroleum based product as it will affect the silicone seal on the mask. Use a water based cream if you can find something to keep the lining on your nose moist.
I used to get dry in the nose and throat when I first started, I didn't have a humidifier, when I got one I found I had to run the humidifier at a high number, this meant I ran out during the night and I still got a bit of pain from dryness and of course it meant I had trouble breathing as well. But I just filled the humidifier up again and this lasted me all night. I even had nose bleeds at the start due to dryness and then the dryness turned to soreness.
I solved t through turning up the humidifier, but then I did get rain-out now and again (when moisture condenses in the hose) but it was easy to deal with, I just held the hose up when it started to gurgle and the water ran back into the humidifier. Bit of a pest, but for all the times it happened anyway, but sometimes I might get droplets of water blown onto my face.
You could try a water based moisturiser, turn up the humidifier, or ask a chemist for something to protect your nose. I did have a look here for something, but I didn't think there was anything, and on another site, but they don't appear to have anything now either! Have a look here just in case I have missed something, maybe the Site Admin will suggest something. http://www.britishsnoring.co.uk/shop/na ... relief.php
S2S - Sleep2Snore