Tomed SomnoGuard AP 2
Mandibular Advancement Devices
After 10 successful years of SomnoGuard AP, we are delighted to introduce to you the new generation SomnoGuard AP 2.
The Tomed SomnoGuard AP 2 is a two-piece, infinitely adjustable, prefabricated mandibular advancement device to treat snoring and mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnoea. The oral appliance consists of an upper and a lower tray that are each made of two components. The hard outer tray shell made of polycarbonate is filled with a biocompatible thermoplastic copolymer. The thermoplastic filling material softens when heated in a boiling water bath. During the fitting process the material can then be formed according to the individual tooth and jaw formation. SomnoGuard AP 2 advances the lower jaw and opens the upper airways.
As a result of Tomed's policy of continuing product development a new improved version of the Tomed SomnoGuard AP2 has just been released.
The NEW AP2 has
- A stronger C channel, open both ends
- Reduced height of polycarbonate trays for greater comfort
- Wider trays at the back to allow for wider jaws
- More room for tip of tongue as lower tray is slimmer at the front
- Improved bonding of impression material to polycarbonate trays
Additionally the NEW Tomed SomnoGuard AP2 has all the established features of the former version,
- Stronger adjusting screw, and screw housing than the original Tomed SomnoGuard AP
- Slimmer design improves comfort
- Excellent retention in the mouth
- Easy fitting, and remoulding
- Can be remoulded many times without deterioration
- Lateral jaw movement possible
Who is SomnoGuard AP 2 suitable for?
For neutral bite patients, those with medium to larger jaw size (i.e. often men) and bruxists. For patients with a small jaw or retrognathic bite we recommend the SomnoGuard SP oral appliance.
I don't want to give this a bad review as I don't think it's the product that's bad. I was unable to use this at all as it just wouldn't allow me to get my jaw far enough forward to put my lower jaw in the tray when the two halves were joined together. I don't really have much of an over bite but there must be something odd about my anatomy.