Provent Regular Kit
Provent Sleep Apnoea Therapy is an effective, treatment for Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA). This discreet, disposable device is applied to the nostrils nightly and requires no mask or machine.
Please note : The price for this product is shown excluding VAT. If you are purchasing this item for the treatment of your obstructive sleep apnoea, you are entitled to claim VAT relief.
You must have received a diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnoea to purchase this product.
Provent: An effective treatment for Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA)
Ideal for travel.
Provent is a disposable nasal device placed just inside each nostril and held securely in place with hypoallergenic adhesive. It is simple and effective in about 81% of OSA sufferers, demonstrating significant improvements for all degrees of Obstructive Sleep Apnoea. It is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the USA and carries the European CE mark.
Provent uses a proprietary MicroValve design that creates pressure when you exhale to keep your airway open.
During inhalation, the valve opens, allowing the user to breathe in freely. When exhaling, the valve closes and air passing through the nose is directed through two small air channels. This increases the pressure in the airway (called EPAP or expiratory positive airway pressure), maintains pressure and helps to keep the airway open until the - of the next inhalation. Provent significantly decreases OSA-related snoring.
Provent is discreet, easy to use, and very convenient. It is well tolerated by patients.
It is not suitable for people;
- who mouth breathe during sleep
- under the age of 18
- with central sleep apnoea
- with severe breathing disorders including hypercapnic respiratory failure, respiratory muscle weakness, bullous lung disease (as seen in some types of emphysema), bypassed upper airway, pneumothorax, pheumomediastinum, etc.
- with severe heart disease (including heart failure)
- with pathologically low blood pressure
- with an acute upper respiratory (including nasal, sinus or middle ear) inflammation or infection, or perforation of the ear drum
- who have allergies to the adhesives used in medical tapes
- pregnant women
60 units for 30 nights (standard resistance, therapeutic devices) £110.00 exc VAT