Information & Articles
We have an extensive library of journal articles covering all aspects of snoring and sleep apnoea. We keep an up to date record of all the latest research and results of new techniques. We encourage all sufferers to learn more about the problem, so that they can make a better decision as to their course of treatment.
The articles below are available in .pdf format only. You will need Adobe Reader (link opens a new window) to view them.
- Snoring & Sleep Apnoea in Children
Loudness of snoring does not necessarily correlate with the severity of the problem. Frequency is a better indicator. Be mindful: parent reporting is not always accurate.
- Recording Snoring
One of the first things you notice when looking at the 90-day, Snore-No-More plan is 'buy a voice activated tape recorder & C90 tapes'. What is the purpose of making a tape recording of my snoring, and how will it help me to overcome my problem? There are several very goods reasons and we will try to set out some of the benefits.
- The Sufferer Who Doesn't Suffer
It's the listeners who get the worst of snoring - the other members of the family. The snorer is let off relatively lightly. Ivor Felstein, Mb,ChB, says snoring should not be dismissed casually and certainly not with a smile; he outlines some causes and treatments.
- Asleep At The Wheel
Dozing off while driving can have tragic consequences. Research suggests it contributes to more accidents than was previously suspected.
- Medications And Their Effect On Sleep Architecture
Sleep patterns vary from one individual to another, some need only 4-5 hours and others may need 10-12, but in general, adults sleep for about 7-8 hours per night.
- Thornton Adjustable Positioner (TAP)
- The Stages of Snoring
- Sleeping On The Job
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea - Diagnostic & Management
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Syndrome
- Lifestyle - Is Yours A High Risk Factor For Snoring?
- How to Stop Snoring
- Hormonal Aspects of Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
- Headaches Are Related to Snoring & OSA
- Central Sleep Apnoeas
- CPAP Mask Fitting Problems & Solutions
- State of Anaesthesia
- Current Trends In The Treatment Of Snoring & Sleep Apnoea
- Abstracts from: Review of the use of mandibular advancement appliances in sleep disordered breathing by Ama Johal
- Gender specific differences in symptoms of snoring and sleep apnoea, and why women are often misdiagnosed
- Road, rail & air traffic noise pollution - but snoring is top of the list when it comes to sleep disturbance.
- 10 Things You Should Know About Smoking, Snoring & Sleep Apnoea