CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Blood in mouth

Talk about all aspects of snoring. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques .. in fact, anything snoring related
Gnip

Blood in mouth

Post by Gnip » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:45 pm

I am as probably most people are, unaware of the of my snoring. But have on good authority that is bedlam. I have been awoken when camping my other camper screaming for me to shut up. I sleep alone, partner in the spare room. I gather this is not unusual. What I'm concerned about is the bitter red stuff in my mouth in th morning. Which I believed dry blood. Is this xxx common?

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: Blood in mouth

Post by Sleep2Snore » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:26 pm

I wouldn't think it was.
Go see your Gp or dentist.
Or even both, if your snoring is that bad, do you feel tired or feel as if you have not have any sleep?
S2S - Sleep2Snore

y_not4
Private Snorer

Re: Blood in mouth

Post by y_not4 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:39 am

I went through a phase of blood in nose and (much less extent) mouth. This was caused by the CPAP without a humidifier.

If you are not using CPAP then even so, constant mouth breathing can cause the mouth to dry out and crack/bleed.

Have you had a sleep study? You could start by trying an online Epworth Sleep Questionnaire and see what the results of that are.

Good luck (regardless it's worth a visit to the GP)