CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Any help / Where next???

Talk about all aspects of snoring. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques .. in fact, anything snoring related

Any help / Where next???

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:04 pm

I/we really really need help.

Been with hubby 6 years snored for everyone of those. We haven't slept in same bed for 5 years. Not had a holiday or nights away because of the snoring. Just cancelled a holiday I planned for July as I can't bear the thought of being in same room and now we are thinking of separating. I cannot do it anymore.

My hubby is 40, 6ft and 15st 11 suffers fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue medication for this hasn't helped his weight.

We went to Wythenshawe our local hospital over 2 years ago - diagnosed very mild sleep apnoea and gave him a Cpap machine. Cannot use it this due to a mixture of overall pain he feels through the night very restless and the noise of the machine waking him when trying to sleep, he still snored and jumped even with the machine, tried it all ways and different masks for it for around a year, in the end gave up.

As he was found to have mild sleep apnoea Wythenshawe wouldn't look at any other reasons for snoring and jumping so we went to GP referred to ENT who says loose weight. He has put weight on but this is since getting fibro and unable to work/exercise. When GP referred him to ENT he said in his letter that his weight is mainly caused by the medication he needs to take for the fibro but this has been ignored by the hospital. They haven't done a sleep study or found a reason for the snoring. Just put it down to weight. His tonsils are fine they said so no need for an operation.

When we first met and he was lighter going to the gym, working and cycling he snored like a trooper. It hasn't got worse as is illness has progressed but hasn't got better either. The jumps he does are very violent and he can grab really hard if your next to him. Even in a separate bedroom I can hear him snoring, it is unbearable.

I have tried earplugs long before we went to separate rooms. I cannot tolerate it any more the impact this is having on our lives and no-one can help.

I am thinking of going private for a sleep study has anyone done this? Clutching at straws to save my marriage - any help anywhere?

saturdaynight
Lieutenant Colonel Snorer

Re: Any help / Where next???

Post by saturdaynight » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:55 pm

You already have the osa diagnoses, so a sleep study prob won't help. What about a PSG test tho, have u tried that?

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: Any help / Where next???

Post by Sleep2Snore » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:05 pm

Polysomnography (PSG).

I think his pressure might have been a bit low at the start so he was not getting any benefit from the machine.
I think if he has put on weight he will need more pressure, you can ask the clinic to put it up or ask for another test (As above).
It is not easy to get used to the mask and machine, and there are many types of mask and sizes so there will be one that he can use.
Go back to your doctor and ask for a referral to the Sleep Clinic again, ask for a PSG test and if they will only see you go and explain what is happening, also tell them about the rise in weight and ask about the correct pressure.
S2S - Sleep2Snore