CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Travel and Mini Cpap advice needed

Discuss your experiences with the various products that may or may not help you to stop snoring
Snoreymcsnoreface
Private Snorer

Travel and Mini Cpap advice needed

Post by Snoreymcsnoreface » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:50 pm

Hi all:

Im looking for a bit of advice on Mini or travel cpaps. I already have a weinmann somnosoft 2e for use at home. I found this to cumbersome to take on my travels for both size and weight, as i need to take it as part of my cabin luggage at the expense of my Camera equipment. Can anyone recommend a mini cpap for travel? That will take up very little room in my luggage. If you already have one I would appreciate your uptake on it

Thanks in advance

badgerboy
Private Snorer

Re: Travel and Mini Cpap advice needed

Post by badgerboy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:20 pm

Sorry mate, I don't think you'll find a mini-cpap. However, they are fairly robust and provided you pack properly it should be fine in your luggage - there's no need to take it as hand luggage.

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Post by Sleep2Snore » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:45 pm

You should always take it as hand luggage, it might get broken or go missing if you don't.
There is a good chance it might go missing. Sent to wrong destination.
If you tell the airlines you are taking it as hand luggage, explain what it is and that it is medical equipment, you will be allowed to take it as hand luggage. Tell them in advance, I know you want something smaller, but can't advise on that.
S2S - Sleep2Snore

Alsacienne
General Snorer

Post by Alsacienne » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:37 am

It always helps to have a letter from your doc to say that you MUST have this equipment with you at all times and that it is medically necessary ... after all your life depends on it (because you are using it every time you sleep ... aren't you!).