CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Diaphragm Spasms and Insomnia

Talk about all aspects of sleep apnoea. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques ..
Swindonian
Warrant Officer Snorer

Re: Diaphragm Spasms and Insomnia

Post by Swindonian » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:33 am

Hi Butterfly, I am glad that is sorted out. I think you are right to re-visit Dr Ebrahim to resolve your remaining sleep problems, he is the very best but that is what you get in Harley Street at a price. If you are covered by health insurance or can afford to self-fund then there is no question this is the best route.

sixstringsting1
Private Snorer

Post by sixstringsting1 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:53 pm

Hi Swindonian,

I found your post of Diaphragm spasms and insomnia really interesting and could relate to alot of it. Like many people seeking help with sleep i have been around the mill a bit trying to find and yes sometimes afford a diagnosis. I have been diagnosed with insomnia, sleep apnea and delayed REM sleep however have never got to the root cause of sleep apnea despite visits to ENT. Airways seem clear and I have a low BMI.

After having a PSG, my results show extreme poor quality of sleep and not really getting beyond stage 1. I have started to notice spasms in my abdomen in that stage 1 rest and whilst lying down and think i will mention this to consultant to check.

Can I ask what is the test for Diaphragm probs?

cheers

Swindonian
Warrant Officer Snorer

Post by Swindonian » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:34 pm

Hi, since I first posted on this topic in 2013 I have managed the diaphragm spasms with diazepam (valium), This works for me but a quick internet search will inform you that valium should not be given to patients with sleep apnoea so talk to your doctor first which of course I did not but I am an old man now. I have not had any success with the insomnia. I guess any test for diaphragm spasms would require a GP referral to the local Chest Clinic. You quoted your diagnosis but didn't mention whether you are now on cpap.