CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

New here

Talk about all aspects of sleep apnoea. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques ..
beemd

New here

Post by beemd » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi,

I'm new here, my name is Ben. I've been diagnosed today with severe sleep apnea after having an apneagraph last week.

I've known for a while something wasn't right, so i'm glad in a way that i've got the diagnosis and I can concentrate on trying to fix it, or at least manage it as best as possible.

I'm seeing the ENT consultant again tomorrow to sort out getting a CPAP machine.

Any tips/advice would be appreciated. How do you find these machines, is it an effective treatment?

Ben

Alsacienne
General Snorer

Re: New here

Post by Alsacienne » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:29 pm

I've had my Bedtime BFF for over 12 years and have never looked back. It may take a little time to adjust but you'll be so much more awake in the daytime and sleep so much better .... good luck and stay in touch.

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Post by Sleep2Snore » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:43 pm

Look at as many mask options as you can and try as many as you can. Lay down with the ones you are happy with while fitted as your face does change shape. Try it with the machine running if you can. There are lots of mask options out there so take your time. This is where most people have problems from leaks or discomfort.
Write any questions you have down and do ask them even if you think they have answered them.
Get a contact number in case you have problems. Direct dial too department if you can.
Otherwise, after you get your machine and need some advice just ask.

S2S
S2S - Sleep2Snore

mark

Post by mark » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:35 am

Hi Ben,

Welcome to hoseheads r us

jim.comet
Private Snorer

Post by jim.comet » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:20 am

Hi Ben,

I am new here as well. my Name is Jim. I feel like I may be suffering from sleep apnoea too and i am hesitant to go to the doctor. I am scared to find out if it is something serious. Good luck with your Treatment.
Sorry I dont have much Information about the machine but I know a friend who used that Treatment and he was seeing slow Progress because of it. So I hope it works for you too.

Also I wanted to know if anyone has any Information about what mattress is suitable or would be good to help with back pains?

Thank you!

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Post by Sleep2Snore » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:21 pm

Jim, do not put off going to the doctor, things will only get worse.
You do not have to let DVLA know until you are diagnosed and if you become compliant quickly, buy the time you deal with form filling etc (if the hospital or you go private is quick) you might not even have to stop driving at all.
Go to your doctor, if you do need your driving licence, go private if you have the money. If you do go private, get an APAP (automatic) machine, these can do both CPAP/APAP. The CPAP is continuous pressure, the auto machine raises pressure when have an event IE throat closing.

Go see your doctor. The sooner you see the doctor the quicker you should start recovering from being so fatigued.
S2S - Sleep2Snore