CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Taking my mask off in my sleep !

Talk about all aspects of sleep apnoea. Request help from others with the same problem, tell your story, exchange tips & techniques ..

Taking my mask off in my sleep !

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:40 pm

I have just been diagnosed and am on night Three of using my Cpap machine , I feel anxious every time I put it on but that's probably just the mask on face thing , my real problem seems to be that I take it off in my sleep ! Is that a normal thing to do in most people's experiences , if so did you stop once you we're used to it ?
Thanks.

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: Taking my mask off in my sleep !

Post by Sleep2Snore » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:07 pm

A lot of people do this at the start, when you wake up and find you have taken it off, put it straight back on again.
There are various types of mask, Nasal Pillows are the easiest to get on with and not so claustrophobic.
However, if you need a Full-faced mask because you breath through your mouth you are limited.

My advice is to put it straight back on again.
You can sit during the day with it on and the hose disconnected from the mask end, just to get used to wearing it.
After you accept it is there you can progress to wearing it during the day or evening with the machine fitted and running.
It all helps, however, do persist, your brain will accept it in the end.
S2S - Sleep2Snore