CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Cull's Journey...

Keep a diary here. Everyone can read your post ... it is _not_ private. Post things you feel may be useful for others to read.
rcull
Private Snorer

Cull's Journey...

Post by rcull » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:22 pm

I have long term battle with sleep:( I am now 66 years old. I do not have sleep apnea. I do snore.

As I have aged, I have gone from one or two awakenings a night to about five. These awakenings are ones that I am conscious of. I wake, find I do not have a comfortable bladder, get up and eventually have a small wizz that allows me to go back to sleep for an hour or so and then repeat the process.

I have had two CPAPs, and am currently not using one. I have never found they reduced my awakenings or my fatigue. When working, I became a regular user of Zopliclone, often only a 1/2 pill. It helped me feel more rested and alert.

I recently went for a proper “Sleep Study”, after which I went away with a Night Shift Therapy device and I pledged to try to loose a few pounds to see how it effected me. I am 6’3″ and was 185lbs. I am currently working towards 176. The Clinic which did the study will be contacting me in January 2016 to see if I have made any progress.

According to my NightShift device I am waking about 8 times an hour and spending about 90 minutes of my rest period awake. To me this explains why I get up for a wizz so often and when I hardly need one. I wake so often that as soon as I feel the least uncomfortable I am up:( The main benefit of the NightShift collar is that it keeps me off my back which is where I do my heaviest snoring, which of course disturbs my wife. Keeping me of my back has not helped my sleep though.

I think I will have to look at other options to solve my problem. Perhaps a mouth piece or surgery or ??? Opinions welcome!, I would love to feel rested without drugs…

I am disappointed to find that the board does not host attachments or images:( This will mean that images posted on this board are hosted somewhere else, and prone to doing a disappearing act!