Find the type of snorer you are.
CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

what i went in for but came out.........

Keep a diary here. Everyone can read your post ... it is _not_ private. Post things you feel may be useful for others to read.
pepper1
Private Snorer

what i went in for but came out.........

Post by pepper1 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:10 am

Hello I'm a newbie
For as long as I can remember I've been tired. I've always complained to my doctors and recently I've found out as long back to being in my teens of always tired. A few occasions I've been so tired that I've booked time off to sleep. I still do it, as I recently turned 40, I had been going to the gym and paid for a personal trainer who helped me with this extreme tiredness and so recently I went to my doctors armed with two years worth of diary, of food, of exercise and that I'm very healthy and I went in thinking it was my thyroid because despite how healthy I am, I'm still so tired. Blood tests came back normal and I've been sent for a sleep study.
It turns out and the sleep doctors words you are not going mad you haven't got sleep apnea but idiopathic hypersomnia??????what????? So I'm being invited in to rule out narclopsy and restless legs first then......well I don't know, I suppose tablets.
In a way, I'm pleased that something is happening, but how many people have this extreme tiredness I've never heard of it, the way I've coped is through exercise and eating as healthy as I can and still feel tired. But how do others cope? He said I'll be getting a tablet which will help with daytime.
If there is anyone out there with this please reply.

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: what i went in for but came out.........

Post by Sleep2Snore » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:09 pm

The answer might surprise you!

Have a look here at the Hypersomnia Foundation website.
S2S - Sleep2Snore