CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

New to CPAP

Keep a diary here. Everyone can read your post ... it is _not_ private. Post things you feel may be useful for others to read.
DeenJai
Sergeant Snorer

Re: New to CPAP

Post by DeenJai » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:24 am

I am struggling with sleeping at the moment it doesn't help that my pain levels are on the increase again. My whole back is very painful but specially over where my discs have collapsed which are in the lumber and the my thoracic spine from T3 - T7. Also the spasming isn't helping with the pain.

I don't want to increase my pain killers as that means more tablets as I already take 30 pills a day to control the pain. If it doesn't improve over the weekend then I will go back to my GP to see what is going on.

My boiler is also playing up in the last two weeks they have been out twice to repair it and I have just had to ring them again as the boiler is making so much noise that it woke me at 4:30am this morning because the loud vibrating noises and the only way I could solve it was by turning on the heating and then it stopped. The heating goes off at 8:30am.

I am getting some sleep but not good quality of sleep that I need for some reason.
Dee

DeenJai
Sergeant Snorer

Post by DeenJai » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:47 am

Hi
I have received an appointment for the results of the sleep study its on 23 April. I will let you know if they had enough data to get any results from it. On Friday I had a very bad day where I was in so much pain I had to takes a lot of extra pain medications to help. Luckily when I got up the next morning my pain levels had reduced to where I didnt need to take any extra medication yesterday. I dont know why my pain levels were so high on Friday but the weather has been changing a lot from being cold and then warning up a bit. When it is too hot I suffer more pain.
Dee

DeenJai
Sergeant Snorer

Post by DeenJai » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi
Last week I had a big leak from the boiler which made the floorboards wet now the room had a horrible damp or mould smell. It is dangerous to be using the equipment when the room has a bad smell. I am going away in three weeks time and it will be the first time I have been away since using CPAP. I have started packing my bags for the four day conference. i am not sure if I will courier my main bags down as I cant carry everything down as three quarters of the bag is medical.
Dee

DeenJai
Sergeant Snorer

Post by DeenJai » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:48 am

Why I am still so tired but the numbers are good. Currently my numbers are below 3 most of the time. I have looked at the graphs from sleepyhead there are many areas where their are very flat line which can last up to 40 seconds. Roll on 23 April when i find out if i have central sleep apnoea and if I do then hopefully have a change of the machine i will see an improvement in my daytime tiredness as currently i am struggling with this.
Dee

DeenJai
Sergeant Snorer

Post by DeenJai » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Since the increase of the Mirtazapine I have had bad dizzy spells. I started the new doze on 31 March and within a couple of days I started to get dizzy.
Dee

DeenJai
Sergeant Snorer

Post by DeenJai » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:56 pm

The dizziness has improved a lot. I glad i rang my unit to check if the transport had been booked as it hadnt been booked. Hope I'll finally find out what is going on with my sleep as I'm so tired at the moment.
Dee

Suse
Brigadier Snorer

Post by Suse » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:34 am

Hope you get the answers you need Dee! Glad the dizziness has improved though as that can be truly debilitating.

DeenJai
Sergeant Snorer

Post by DeenJai » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi
My appointment went ok yesterday, I do have central sleep apnnoea but the doctor things that it could be down to the medications that I take. Over the next 3 months I am going to try and reduce the medications that he thinks is causing CSA, if it doesnt then i will know that the medications werent the cause of it. On average I have around five CSA an hour and without treatment I had 48 OSA an hour.

I am going to start with Gabapentin and see how far I can get down to before the pain and spasms get too much and then work on Tramadol, then citialopram and then finally Mirtazapine.
Dee

DeenJai
Sergeant Snorer

Post by DeenJai » Sat May 10, 2014 8:54 pm

First week of reducing the Gapabentin and today I have started to notice that my mid and upper back is starting to hurt more. I reduced it by 300mg but this week I will only do it by 100mg to see if I can get lower the dose. Once I get down to a dose that I can cope with then I will start on the Tramadol, hopefully then I will be able to have one dosette box instead of the two I have now. Finally the increase of Mirtazapine has started to work as I am feeling that my depression has reduced for the first time in ages. I dont want to play about my anti-depressants as they are working well at the moment.
Dee

DeenJai
Sergeant Snorer

Post by DeenJai » Thu May 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Hi
Currently I am down to 1500-mg Gabapentin a day and next week I will lose another 300-mg over a seven day period. I am slowly finding that the pain between the shoulder is coming back but not so bad I cant cope with at the moment. I will let you know as I carry on reducing the Gabapentin to see what happens.

I am not sleeping as well as I was before I started the process but I am going to try and live with it. It seems that I am having more clear airways and hyponea since the reduction of medication. I was put on a new medication last Monday which is for my bladder but i dont think that it will cause any problems.
Dee

DeenJai
Sergeant Snorer

Post by DeenJai » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:28 pm

Hi
I have found that the lowest doze of Gabapentin is 1500-mg as on Monday I had a lot of pain on Monday afternoon. I will try again in a few weeks to see if I can get it any lower. I am going to try and make a washable mask liner to help with my eczema is playing up at the moment.
Dee