CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

Nodlads journal

Keep a diary here. Everyone can read your post ... it is _not_ private. Post things you feel may be useful for others to read.
Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: Nodlads journal

Post by Sleep2Snore » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:54 pm

Give it a week, you will quickly get used to it. :)
S2S - Sleep2Snore

Nodlad
Sergeant Snorer

Re: Nodlads journal

Post by Nodlad » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Well I've now been on treatment for 6 months and all I can say is WOW! With a few hiccups and setbacks along the way the transformation in me has been amazing. I've been getting out and about much more, have succesfully returned to work, and even become a regular at the gym! I've lost 2 stone and am well on my way to returning to a good level of health and fitness.

In November I purchased a second hand Resmed S9 Autoset (Through these very forums). This has made a tremendous difference as I was really struggling with the fixed pressure of the CPAP and constantly waking up feeling like I was recovering from an autopsy! The APAP has been a welcome change and I feel as though I've changed up a gear or 2 with it. It's also been nice to be able to monitor my sleep through Sleepyhead again, this has given me some good clear indications of my changed sleep habits over the last week where I've been struggling a bit.

One thing that has hit me recently though, is that we are only ever a day or 2 away from returning to our old symptoms and this has really hit me in the last week where a combination of a family bereavment, Christmas over indulgence, and having my mask on too tight has seen my symptoms come back with a vengance. Being able to recognise this and adjust has allowed me to regain my precious sleep and deal with the issues quickly.

If their was advice I had to give to newbies after my experiences it would be about masks and that is not to be tempted to overtighten them. I've learnt on a few occasions that this only works against you and will leave you looking and feeling terrible. I'd also say go into this with an open mind and be positive about the whole experience, it really can change your life if you let it :)