CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

I think I cured myself.

If you have a story of success (or failure), then post it here for others to read.
Exsnorer11

I think I cured myself.

Post by Exsnorer11 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:18 am

I've snored on and off for many years. Usually I've controlled it by keeping my weight down and this has generally worked but this year it's got worse much to my wife's distress. I decided to take some action as I was a good stone under my normal 'snoring tipping point' but still snoring. It was disturbing everyone including me as I was waking up with a sore throat. I wasn't really overweight either.

I started by looking at snoring products in Boots and bought a few to try. This had a limited success focused on the nasal spray and oral strips. I needed to look at something else so started scouring the internet again. It's at this point that I came across Jal Neti

This was the turning point I needed. I won't go into what it is as there is masses of info and instruction on google into this quick and simple process. Check out you tube as well for how it's done. I had good success with stage one jal Neti but once I started doing stage 2 my snoring stopped completely. That was 7 weeks ago and not a peep out of me since. I do it once a day before bedtime using just enough boiled water to complete stage 2. I don't use a Neti pot and use a plastic sports drink bottle with a nozzle on top instead. I still take an oral strip but no longer use the nasal spray. The next stage for me in the next week or 2 is to stop taking the strip and see what happen. For now though I feel totally in control of it all. Hope this info helps some others. Just be aware of the precautions of using this process. Always use boiled and cooled water. Half a teaspoon of unground rock salt in 500ml of water works well although you can reduce this if it stings a bit. Don't freak out at the process either as once you get the hang of it, it's quite soothing. I use the water cold as well not tepid as described in some of the google descriptions. A full bottle will also last me a few days before replenishing. Just keep it next to your toothbrush. Good luck.

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: I think I cured myself.

Post by Sleep2Snore » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:35 pm

It does work for some.
I have never tried it.
I like the tip of using a sports drinks bottle.
Good luck in your continued use. :)
S2S - Sleep2Snore