CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

just had uppp surgery

If you have a story of success (or failure), then post it here for others to read.
rosie

just had uppp surgery

Post by rosie » Thu May 08, 2014 10:43 pm

Hi im rosie, I'm 42 from south wales. I'm day 7 recovery from uppp surgery and to be honest I'm struggling with the pain. Ive got a high pain threshold but this is beyond. They reshaped my throat removing collapsed tissue, removed half my uvula and shaved tonsils. I'm on liquid co codamol and liquid amoxycillin. I had to get this from my gp on day 5 due to being in agony as hospital in their wisdom sent me home with tablet paracetamol and horse pill antibiotics. I havent eaten anything for 7 days and my liquid intake is minimal due to pain. Only relief is ice pops. On the positive side, I can feel a difference in air getting through but I'm wondering how long it will take for the pain to ease. Has anyone had a uppp? Thanks

ChrisPembs

Re: just had uppp surgery

Post by ChrisPembs » Sat May 17, 2014 11:04 am

I cannot offer anything regarding the surgery and hope you are now feeling a little better but as a long term taker of co codamol and also morphine please please please try your hardest to drink as much as you can, the constipation you can get from anything opiate based is phenomenal!

Suse
Brigadier Snorer

Re: just had uppp surgery

Post by Suse » Sun May 18, 2014 12:11 pm

Rosie, I haven't had the procedure but just wanted to offer a bit of support and sympathy. Post Op pain can be overwhelming (especially if you weren't in much (or any) pain before the procedure. I hope things have been improving.