Find the type of snorer you are.
CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

If you have a story of success (or failure), then post it here for others to read.
JUNE56

Post by JUNE56 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi everyone,

I have recently (last friday) been diagnosed with Sleep Apnoea. I have had serious problems with daytime fatigue for the last 18 months which was diagnosed as depression. In February this year I had to give up work. It was about 6 weeks ago that I returned to the doctors about the fatigue when she asked if I snored. Then followed referral for a sleep study and hey presto Sleep Apnoea. I haven't had a follow up appt yet but have been told i need a cpap machine. Has anyone else had similar problems?

Trematkir
Private Snorer

Re: Newbie

Post by Trematkir » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:27 pm

I hope you will be supplied with a CPAP machine in the near future.
Please be aware however that some people find it difficult to get used to but others like myself take to it like a duck to water.I am sure that after a couple of nights use you will feel all the benefits and feel like a new person,CPAP has dramatically changed the quality of my life and I am sure it will do the same for you. Good luck

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: Newbie

Post by Sleep2Snore » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:47 pm

Oh I would say a lot of people have had much the same problems.
Shame they didn't find out what was wrong with you before you had to give up work.
Keep in touch and let us know how you get on.
S2S - Sleep2Snore