CPAP Rental
1 week trial. Try before you buy.
Home Sleep Study
Diagnose OSA. Fast and accurate.
Stop Snoring Clinic
Tried everything? We can help you.

The Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Forums

3 weeks in what a difference

If you have a story of success (or failure), then post it here for others to read.
bones
Sergeant Snorer

3 weeks in what a difference

Post by bones » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:29 pm

:D Hi all hope you are doing ok well its 3 weeks today since the delightful news that I have SA woo hoo little bit about me my name is Debi my user name is because I love all things forensic especially Anthropology. Apart from SA I also have Coronary artery disease,Angina,Under active thyroid,low vitd,Clinical depression and bipolar,Fibromyalgia,Chronic fatigue syndrome,migraines,NAFLD(fatty liver) and high cholesterol and blood pressure on a cocktail of different drugs which is why it took me so long to go to Drs about snoring from start to finish it took me 4 months to get diagnosed and I was also giving a redmed machine the same day as diagnosis which reading through here is quite rare. The first 8\10 days where the worst getting used to mask air in face not thinking it was a face hugger :shock: But through this you have all been here in the background helping :mrgreen: Me and now I have my humidifier I am sleeping great the 1st night 9 hours and 7 hours each consecutive night I look forward within time to getting to know you all thank you for reading sorry its so long Debi
If life is like a box of chocolates then why do I always get the horrible ones

Sleep2Snore
General Snorer

Re: 3 weeks in what a difference

Post by Sleep2Snore » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:05 pm

Hi Debi,

Glad we were able to help.
Is there anything you missed out as you have quite a list of things going wrong.
If you are lucky you might find some will ease off or go away now you are on CPAP as some things get misdiagnosed. But if your luck is like mine.................

Thanks for your short story.
It always helps others :D

Good luck with the machine.
Is it a Resmed CPAP machine you have with c-flex by any chance?
These are very common if it is shaped like a brick!

Please stick around and please let us know how you get on.

First few weeks are always the worst.
Them you accept it and just get on with it.
A little guidance from others is what is missing at most Sleep Clinics.
Mostly as they either give you so much information that it is impossibly to take in, or they are aware that it is information overload and don't tell you to much.

Good luck with your treatment and your new best friend.
S2S - Sleep2Snore

bones
Sergeant Snorer

Re: 3 weeks in what a difference

Post by bones » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:28 pm

Yes that's exactly what I have got a resmed 9 ...when I said it was rare I meant it looks like its not the normal to get a diagnosis and receive the machine on the same day .... As for my many illnesses if I even get the slightest bit of relief it will be a bonus but with my luck can't see it happening I had to have a stent in my heart 5 years ago and I was only 40 @the time :shock: Looking forward to talking some more all the best Debi
If life is like a box of chocolates then why do I always get the horrible ones