Tomed SomnoGuard AP 2
Mandibular Advancement Devices
After 10 successful years of SomnoGuard AP, we are delighted to introduce to you the new generation SomnoGuard AP 2.
The Tomed SomnoGuard AP 2 is a two-piece, infinitely adjustable, prefabricated mandibular advancement device to treat snoring and mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnoea. The oral appliance consists of an upper and a lower tray that are each made of two components. The hard outer tray shell made of polycarbonate is filled with a biocompatible thermoplastic copolymer. The thermoplastic filling material softens when heated in a boiling water bath. During the fitting process the material can then be formed according to the individual tooth and jaw formation. SomnoGuard AP 2 advances the lower jaw and opens the upper airways.
As a result of Tomed's policy of continuing product development a new improved version of the Tomed SomnoGuard AP2 has just been released.
The NEW AP2 has
- A stronger C channel, open both ends
- Reduced height of polycarbonate trays for greater comfort
- Wider trays at the back to allow for wider jaws
- More room for tip of tongue as lower tray is slimmer at the front
- Improved bonding of impression material to polycarbonate trays
Additionally the NEW Tomed SomnoGuard AP2 has all the established features of the former version,
- Stronger adjusting screw, and screw housing than the original Tomed SomnoGuard AP
- Slimmer design improves comfort
- Excellent retention in the mouth
- Easy fitting, and remoulding
- Can be remoulded many times without deterioration
- Lateral jaw movement possible
Who is SomnoGuard AP 2 suitable for?
For neutral bite patients, those with medium to larger jaw size (i.e. often men) and bruxists. For patients with a small jaw or retrognathic bite we recommend the SomnoGuard SP oral appliance.
Having worn a number of the more basic SomnoGuard 3s previously I've realised that this is much more suited. Gives a good jaw opening as well as advancement, and I was so glad to hear my fiancee saying how much quieter I am now! My dentist more recently said that bruxism is quite bad, so this hinged product with good swivel room is better for protecting that too.